The team at Millpaca Stud has recently completed a new shedding facility designed to provide a comfortable environment at which to conduct informative hands-on workshops on alpacas across all of the main areas of interest.
Our half-day workshops are designed for either alpaca beginners, those with a fair working knowledge who are seeking specific information, as well as modules for experienced farmers. A selection of topics include:
- Diet, hygiene and essential treatment and care
- Optimising your existing property for alpacas
- Planning and selecting a new farm ideal for alpacas
- Alpacas and good ecosystems management
- Preparing your alpaca fleece for show judging
- Flock protection using alpacas against foxes and wild dogs
- The benefits of good bloodlines for breeding
- Getting the best yield from your animals year after year
- Tips and techniques for ensuring consistent fleece quality
If you would like to be notified of our upcoming events please sign up for our mailing list.